Incorporating an innovative new closure system and constructed using premium materials, the FIA homologated Supermono is an extremely lightweight and ergonomic shoe features supple kangaroo leather, strategically perforated zones and heat-resistant Nomex® lining. Every detail on the Supermono has been designed to excel under the toughest racing conditions imaginable and give drivers the ultimate in performance fit and feel.
- The Supermono Shoe is certified to FIA homologation standards Main upper chassis constructed from supple, lightweight kangaroo leather for
exceptional levels of comfort and durability.
- Alpinestars foot counter features multi-compound construction and ergonomic Polypropylene heel counter, which provides support, protection and stability plus integrated PU fireproof heel for comfort.
- Lightweight micro-porous padding around the heel and insole enhance comfort while driving and walking.
- All graphic elements are printed for improved weight-saving.
- Extensive perforation zones on lateral and medial sides, tongue and collar for
improved ventilation and breathability and comfort.
- Tubular lining construction in Nomex® material for excellent levels of heat-resistant, weight-saving and reduced seams to improve all round comfort.
- Tongue padding made in double layer CarbonX® fabric for additional flame-retardant properties, plus reduced weight.
- Collar padding constructed from Nitrile Rubber for comfort and weight-saving.
- Alpinestars exclusive lightweight rubber compound sole with special line textured grip and improved pedal feel in race conditions.
- FIA /Alpinestars label on the tongue made from fireproof TPR.
Alpinestars new closure design features an extensive Velcro® strap and elasticated gusset that closes across the instep allowing for an ergonomic fit, especially on the medial side, and a highly reduced material construction for greater comfort and performance in the cockpit. The Velcro® closure, a first for Alpinestars’ auto footwear, offers a secure and personalized fit and incorporates perforations to help reduce weight while maintaining structure and strength. The laceless design offers quick and easy in/out and all-round weight-saving.